نام دارو: كريزوتينيب
شکل دارو: كپسول
نام کمپانی: فايزر تاریخ تصویب : آگوست 26 ، ۲۰۱۱
طبقه بندی: درمان سرطان ريه
اندیکاسیون: كريزوتينيب يك مهاركننده آناپلاستیک لنفوم کیناز (ALK) برای درمان بیماران مبتلا به پیشرفته سرطان غیر کوچک سلول ریه (NSCLC)در بيماراني كه ALK مثبت دارند.
براي مطالعه بيشتر:
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved Xalkori (crizotinib) to treat certain patients with late-stage (locally advanced or metastatic), non-small cell lung cancers (NSCLC) who express the abnormal anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) gene.
Xalkori is being approved with a companion diagnostic test that will help determine if a patient has the abnormal ALK gene, a first-of-a-kind genetic test called the Vysis ALK Break Apart FISH Probe Kit.
This ALK gene abnormality causes cancer development and growth. About 1 percent to 7 percent of those with NSCLC have the ALK gene abnormality. Patients with this form of lung cancer are typically non-smokers. Xalkori works by blocking certain proteins called kinases, including the protein produced by the abnormal ALK gene. Xalkori is a pill taken twice a day as a single-agent treatment.
Xalkori Patient Information
Read this patient information leaflet before you start taking Xalkori and each time you get a refill. There may be new information. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor about your condition or treatment.
What is the most important for me to know about Xalkori?
Xalkori may cause serious side effects, such as:
- Swelling of the lungs (pneumonitis) – Xalkori may cause life-threatening swelling (inflammation) of the lungs during treatment. Symptoms may be similar to those symptoms from lung cancer. Tell your doctor right away if you have any new or worsening symptoms, including:
- trouble breathing or shortness of breath
- cough with or without mucous
- Liver problems – Your doctor should do blood tests every month to check your liver while you are taking Xalkori. Tell your doctor right away if you get any of the following:
- your skin or the whites of your eyes turn yellow
- you feel tired
- your urine turns dark or brown (tea color)
- you have nausea or vomiting
- you have a decreased appetite
- you have pain on the right side of your stomach
- you bleed or bruise more easily than normal